- believe that there are no meaningful differences between men and women (The most significant belief underlying contemporary feminism is that there are no sex differences; therefore advocacy for equal rights must be extended to advocacy for equal results or outcomes.)
- oppose chivalry and even feign insult at harmless displays of it (see battle between the sexes)
- view traditional marriage as unacceptably patriarchal
- belittle and mock other women who desire to have children or raise a family.
- shirk traditional gender activities, like baking.
- support affirmative action for women
- prefer that women wear pants rather than dresses, presumably because men do.
- seek women in combat in the military just like men, and coed submarine.
- refuse to take her husband's last name when marrying
- distort historical focus onto female figures, often overshadowing important events (Eg: Henry VIII's wives take precedence in common knowledge to his actual reign.)
- object to being addressed as "ma'am," or feminine nicknames such as "sweetheart" or "honey"; object to other female-only names, such as "temptress"
- take offense at grammatical rules of the English language, like using the pronoun "he" when referring to a hypothetical/anonymous person, or phrases like 'fireman' and 'stewardess.'
This concludes my examination of Conservapedia's definition of feminism, and how many problems that there are with that definition. It is also worth mentioning that there are many different types of feminism, radical, liberal, marxist, religious and many many more which you can see defined on the real Wikipedia at Feminism- Wikipedia.
Until next time,