Friday, May 27, 2011

Clinical Trail Screening 2

Hey All,

This is going to be a short post because I'm exhausted, but I had the second portion of my screening today which was an ultrasound of my gallbladder, kidneys, and bladder to ensure there are no stones. I appear to be in the clear, so I have to go back on June 9th to have a Hickman Catheter installed in my chest for the drug.... which kinda freaks me out.

I have this severe phobia of IVs, and the Catheter is going to be inserted into my jugular while I'm under local anesthetic... which does not seem like much fun. I'm sure it will all go well... but in the meantime I'm freaked.

That's all for now,

DD

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting about your experiences. I can't imagine how scary it must be for you to be going through all of this. I think sharing your experience with others is very healing, and a positive attitude is always your best ally. My thoughts are with you, keep strong beautiful!
    -WW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Whit, it means a lot to know that I'm not the only one getting something from this blog. Overall I'm not really scared.. well except about the catheter... but I'm strong and stubborn.

    ReplyDelete